All of our services are open to the public. Our church is located at 2274 Crescent Lake Road in Waterford, Michigan, across from the Waterford Township Civic Campus, one mile north of Highland Road (M-59). Directions to Redeemer Church
- Sunday Morning at 9:00 am is our Bible Teaching Hour. We meet for 50 minutes of instruction from the Bible followed by a time of refreshments and fellowship.
- Sunday Morning at 10:00 am we enjoy an informal time of fellowship and refreshments prior to our worship gathering. This is an excellent time to meet others in our congregation!
- Sunday Morning at 10:30 am we have our main gathering of the week where we hear and sing God's word and respond to him.
- Sunday Evening at 6:00 pm we conclude the Lord's Day together with worship and the preaching of God's word.
We are located at 2274 Crescent Lake Rd in Waterford, Michigan. Our main service starts at 10:30 am on Sunday mornings. Below, we’ve answered a few questions that visitors tend to have when looking for a church home.
What are your services like?
Our services tend to be pretty simple.
- We pray, because we believe that God is our provider and that He desires us to seek after Him.
- We sing, because God is worthy of our praise.
- We preach God’s Word, because we believe that God gives life through His Scriptures.
- We proclaim the gospel, because it is the message of salvation for those who don’t know God and the message of strength for those who do know Him.
- We talk a lot about Jesus, because He is the only hope for the world.
What style of music should I expect?
We believe the music we sing should be Christ-exalting, God-glorifying, and Scripture-saturated. We use instruments to encourage the congregation to lift their voices to Jesus with freedom and joy. We also believe that there are many songs from various times in history that both honor God and build up the church. In light of this, it isn’t uncommon to hear a song from the 1600s in the same set with a song from 2019.
What should I wear when I come?
You’ll find all kinds of people wearing all kinds of different clothing. As long as you’re honoring the Lord with what you’ve got on, we don’t care if you’re wearing shorts or suits. The Lord is most concerned with the heart, not your attire.
Can I bring my children?
Parents are free to keep their children in the service with them, and many families choose to do this. We do, however, offer a special program of Bible learning during the service for children up to 10 years old. A nursery for infants/toddlers is also available. You may notice that many families will keep their children in the service until the song before the sermon and then take them back to our children’s ministry. If you have questions when you arrive, just ask and we’ll be happy to help you in any way we can.
We are not a coffee house or a concert hall. Our worship is centered on the person of Jesus Christ in response to His sacrificial work to reconcile us to God. Our worship features hymns old and new, the public reading of the Scriptures, prayer, and preaching from the Bible.
We gather as one church made up of many diverse individuals. Most of us come dressed in business casual. We care about one another. We bear each other's burdens. We invite you to join us as we navigate life together.
Growth in the Christian life happens as we inculcate the word of God and make application of it to our lives. Central in all of our worship gatherings is practical, relevant teaching that is rooted in God's inerrant, infallible, and eternal word.
We have ministries for children of all ages during Sunday services. Programs for pre-school children and classes for K-6th grade run during the second half of the Sunday morning services. Your school-age children may join you for the opening of the worship service. They will be dismissed for their age-graded activities prior to the preaching.