All who join Redeemer Church are required to affirm the Redeemer Church Statement of Faith and the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith, which register our belief in historic Christianity, evangelical Christianity, believer’s baptism, and congregational polity. Once we as members agree to the statement, we are responsible for believing and living in accordance with it.
A Summary of Our Foundational Beliefs
- The Bible is the Word of God.
- There is one true and living God. He exists in three Persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God created all things for His glory.
- God created men and women in His image.
- All have sinned and rebelled against God.
- God alone is the author of salvation.
- Jesus came to earth, lived a perfect life, and died an atoning death, conquering sin, Satan, and death in His resurrection. He appeared to the disciples and many others before He ascended to Heaven.
- The Holy Spirit gives gifts to those who are in Christ.
- The church consists of all who have trusted the Lord Jesus Christ for their eternal salvation.
- Heaven and hell are real places.
- Jesus Christ will one day return to establish His kingdom.